Community

2126 of 26 items

Christian Liberty [Part I]

by Tyler Dirks

Love Constraining To Obedience by William Cowper To see the Law by Christ fulfilled, To hear His pardoning voice, Changes a slave into a child And duty into choice. 1. No strength of nature can suffice To serve the Lord aright And what she has, she misapplies, For want of clearer light. To see the […]

The Corporate Faith

by Jason Piteo

As I am catching up on my Bible reading plan, I have been struck the past couple days by the corporate aspect of the Covenant of Grace. While God certainly deals individually with his people in certain aspects, such as the final judgment when our life’s record will be exposed, it seems to me that God […]

Let’s Read the Whole Bible Together

by Jason Piteo

Have you ever tried to read the whole Bible in a year and failed miserably within a month or two? Did you have a zeal or resolution to devour all of Scripture only to come up short and leave you frustrated? Why does this keep happening? What can’t you stick with it? If I am […]

The Milestone of Church Membership

by Tyler Dirks

There have been many milestones in our journey thus far: the calling of the Lord to plant a new Christ-centered/Gospel-saturated church in East CLT; the particular vision for East CLT Pres gleaned and gathered from Scripture; a core group of faithful ambassadors formed by the influence and enterprise of the Holy Spirit; the various teams, […]

Dignifying Folks

by Tyler Dirks

People are sick and tired of being mindless consumers. You say, “No they’re not …people love mindless consumption.” People say that they “love it” but actually they are woebegone.  Watching hour after unnecessary hour of television.  Forcing ourselves to stay awake – when we know for a fact that we’re tired and our bodies need […]

Why Did God Appoint Feasting?

by Jason Piteo

There are tons of references in Scripture to meals and feasts that God appointed for his people. Of all the basic functions that humans do on a regular basis, eating is the most recorded in Scripture. Food plays a major role from the beginning to the end of Scripture, from the Garden of Eden to […]