Sermon Text: 1 Sam 1:1-2:11
- Favorable Conditions
- Flee to the Mighty Fortress
- Firmly Fixed Forever
- What favorable conditions must be in place for God to be able to work in your life (list 5 things …answer honestly in light of how you actually live and act)?
- Do you allow yourself to be completely honest with God when you pray, or are you preoccupied with “prayer procedure and protocol” and etiquette? What are 3 things that you hesitate to bring up in conversation with God?
- What are you preoccupied with? Where (in what) do you invest the bulk of your time, resources, money, talents, attention, praise, curiosity, etc.?
- Read Hannah’s Prayer (1 Sam. 2:1-10)… What is Hannah calling attention to about God and the Kingdom of God?