Sermon Text: Mark 6
- Are you offended by the fact that Jesus makes you feel small? He compares you to sheep (arguably the stupidest, most moronic, muttonheaded creatures on the planet).
- What are some specific ways you make yourself feel big? Consider and discuss how this makes Jesus feel (Mark 6:6).
- When was a time that you actually LIVED by faith (i.e. you actually applied faith/trust in Jesus to a particular scenario, situation, circumstance)? How’d it go? Did it feel RISKY?
- Are you more interested in SHOPPING for what makes you feel good, or SETTLING-IN and committing even when it means forfeiting preferential perks? In other words, are you a practitioner of CONSUMERISM, or CONTENTMENT? Discuss the seduction of consumerism. Consider the Satanic implications of consumerism (i.e. Why would Satan want to promote it?).
- Do you seriously protest, and seriously hate, when people commit to bad choices? Why or why not?
- Are you restless in your soul? How might Jesus help you with that?