September 11, 2022
1 Samuel 19:18-24
Rev. Tyler Dirks
- Our Authority
- Our Affection
- Our Acquiescence
- In what specific area of life do you most crave control? What do you obsessively monitor and manage?
- How do you spin your over-controlling tendencies, and seek to justify yourself?
- How has the Holy Spirit demythologized your ‘authority complex,’ and disabused you of our self-justifications?
- How have you ‘justified’ your obsessive monitoring and managing tendencies “because you care so much”?
- How has the Holy Spirit superseded and supplanted your sinful versions of affection with an affection for a crucified King (Hebrews 12:2)?