Sermon Text: Luke 7: 18-23
- Do I Say Anything?
- Did I Do Something Wrong?
- Don’t Be Offended
- Have you ever felt disappointed with God? Seriously, take 15 min. later today to write out your story of disappointment …like the way the Psalmists would actually put words to their feelings.
- Perhaps you’re hesitant to give voice to your raw emotions. Read Psalm 44 and circle all the things that you would be uncomfortable saying to God.
- When bad things happen to you do you think, “I must’ve done something wrong.” What did you do right in order to end up in such a hard place?
- Why does Jesus say to YOU, “Don’t be offended by me”? Are you in denial about the fact that you actually do wrestle with many hard-to-swallow things about Jesus?