Sermon Text: 1 Samuel 26:1-25
- See for Yourself (1-12)
- Show ‘Em the Standard (13-16
- Scorn Separation from God… Savor the Salvation of God (17-25)
- Do you assume the worst of those who have wronged you? …OR do you practice empathy and aim for repentance? Think of one enemy in your life who you could make an effort to empathize with.
- How do you feel Jesus words, “You must be perfect, as your Heavenly Father is perfect.” (Matthew 5:48)? When was a time you humbly showed someone the Absolute Standard revealed to us in the Bible? How’d it go?
- Do you HATE those things that keep you from having a share in the heritage of the LORD (i.e. the church [see Exod. 19:5; Deut. 7:6; 14:2; 26:18; Mal. 3:17])?
- WHY!? does God love you? On what basis does He call the church His treasured possession? …On what basis is she precious in His sight?