April 10th, 2022
1 Thessalonians 5:12-14
- Esteem Your Leaders
- Be At Peace Among Yourselves
- Be Patient Toward Everyone
- When was a time you were admonished? How did you feel about it?
- Think of a leader who labors among and alongside people, and then tell them how much you appreciate them for that.
- What does it actually look like to participate in the joyful rigors of being at peace among ourselves? What are the ‘nuts and bolts’ of eagarly maintaining peace (see Col. 3:12-17), and how does joy factor into the equation (see 2 Cor. 1:24 and Heb. 12:2)?
- Set a timer for 2 hours, and read Genesis 29-30, 37-50 and make a list of all the moments when it would be right/helpful to: (a) admonish the unruly, (b) encourage the fainthearted, and (c) help the weak; and thoroughly consider how strange and costly this admonishing, encouraging, and helping would be!