Sermon Text: Jonah 1:1-17
- Resisting God (vv.1-3)
- The Futility of Resistance (vv.4-8, 11-13)
- Revering God (vv.9-10, 14-17)
- In what way(s) might you be resistant to God? Why do you think you resist Him?
- Is there a particular part of the Bible that you struggle with, or that makes you
uncomfortable? When’s the last time you read/studied that part?
- What do you do when you disagree with what appears to be God’s will?
- Have you come to the “end of yourself”, arriving at a place where you think and feel that you’re desperate for Jesus and the grace he has freely given?