Sermon Text: 2 Samuel 23:8-17
- Divinely Ordered (v.8)
- Weathers Disappointment (vv.9-10)
- Defends the Diet (vv.11-12)
- Intensely Devoted (vv.13-17)
- Do you like how God has ordered things? Do you love passages like 1 Corinthians 11:3 & Philippians 2:1-11? Why or why not?
- How do you deal with disappointment? Are you content to continue using that technique?
- Jesus loved to say stuff like, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that comes from the mouth of God,” and “My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to accomplish His work.” How do you feel about this?
- Have you ever done something radical (seemingly reckless) just to be with the one you loved?