Sermon Text: 2 Samuel 10:1-19
- The King of Hesed (vv.1-2)
- Hostile Response (vv.3-8)
- The Holy Humble King (vv.7-19)
- How would you describe your leadership style? Is hesed (loving-kindness) a primary part of your approach? Why or why not?
- When, where, and/or with whom do you find yourself getting defensive? Why are you so defensive?
- What do you do when you’ve become a stench to someone? (e.g. do you weep over your sin, or do you wage a war of self-defense)?
- Do you merely confess your sin — or do you actually repent & hate your sin? Why or why not?
- Are you in awe of the holiness and humility of God? Does God’s holiness and humility dominate and define your life? What do you think and feel when you focus on the crucifixion of the King of kings — Jesus Christ?