Sermon Text: 1 Samuel 19-20
- SINISTER OPPOSITION
- PROFOUND PRESERVATION
- PRESSING UP AGAINST PAIN & PERIL – 1 Sam. 20
- How do you generally EXPECT life to look? Convenient and viably self-indulgent? …OR confusing and messy? When (and why) was the last time you actually realized that you were living in a war zone?
- What are 2 specific ways in which you have experienced opposition, affliction, and/or suffering in life? …How has God preserved you in the midst of it?
- What is one thing that you are currently avoiding – because it is too painful and/or perilous – that you will deliberately decide to move toward – and press up against – today?
- What are 2 specific ways you can grapple with – and fight the good fight of – getting the gracious promises, and preserving love, of God into your REAL life?