July 10th, 2022
“The Sign of Jonah”
Rev. Tyler Dirks
- What You Get
- What You Want
- When was a moment where you realized that it would not be healthy for you to get what you wanted?
- In Luke 11, Matthew 12, and Matthew 16, when Jesus says, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign…” (a) what do you think that means, and (b) how does that sit with you?
- Make a list of 10 things that you’re sincerely thankful for, and then use that list to crush (or at least cripple) your list of favorite things to complain about.
- Read Philippians 3:10. Do you GET this? If so, how do you ENJOY the fact that you GET this?
- Read 2 Corinthians 12:9. What specific weaknesses will you all the more gladly boast in this month?
- Read 2 Timothy 2 and write out a page of thoughts regarding the sundry ways in which soldiers, athletes, and farmers feel their weaknesses, die to self, and enjoy the resurrection paradigm of life and growth.