Sermon Text: Luke 8: 19-25
- A Brother, So Close (19-21)
- A Master, So Commanding (22-25a)
- Who Then Is This? (25b)
- What current situational “thrashing waves” are you waiting for Jesus to calm?
- What moments tend to bring out the “Does it work?” skepticism about entrusting life’s details to Jesus?
- When reflecting on the intimate relationship Jesus offers you in the Gospel, does your heart naturally lean more toward “maybe for someone else” (denial) or “only if I’m good enough” (earning)? Why?
- If the forever “command and closeness” of Jesus is true, how might this impact our dealing with to stress, struggle, and sadness?