Sermon Text: 1 Samuel 14:24-46
- Consumed with the Quest for Credit
- A Crucified Christ
- Write down 3 ways you try to get credit, recognition, and/or attention. Write down 2 reasons why obtaining credit, recognition, and/or attention is so important to you.
- What is your primary – go to – strategy for acquiring the credit you so desperately crave?
- How are you, and/or others, being oppressed by your obsession with your own reputation?
- How has glorifying and enjoying God become a superficial and perfunctory chore in your life? …A bit of bureaucratic religious drudgery that disrupts your real desires for the day? Why do you feel that way?
- Have you ever hated and defied your choice to govern your own life, and cried out for God to save you? Think of 3 moments in your life when you sincerely cried out for, and clung to, Jesus Christ – the crucified King.