Sermon Text: 1 Samuel 15:1-35
- Not Listening
- Listening to the Wrong Voices
- What are some parts of the Bible that you don’t like to hear? Why do you prefer, in those cases, to listen to your own voice rather than God’s voice?
- How have you convinced yourself that your sin isn’t really sin? How have you told yourself that your sin is really “serving God”?
- What are some methods you regularly devise to try to justify yourself before God? How do these methods expose your insecurity?
- What is your motivation for obedience? How are you trying to earn God’s favor with your good works?