Sermon Text: Habakkuk 1:1-17
- Burdened by Brokenness (vv.1-4)
- A Confounding Response (vv.5-11)
- The Character of the Confounder (vv.12-17)
- What bothers you? How do you react to the things that bother you (e.g. Anxious? Angry? Apathetic?)? …How would lament, sorrow, grief, or mourning (instead of worry, rage, or being dismissive) change the way you see, and interact with, the things that bother you?
- What kind(s) of evil, senseless activity, and/or ignorance do you think you’re incapable of? …In what ways do you believe that you’re simply better than other people?
- What are some specific ways God has convinced you that – – – > all the fitness He requires is for you to FEEL your need of Him?
- How does contemplating the Character of God comfort you, and provoke you to sanity and satisfaction?