Sermon Text: Hebrews 11:8-22
- Wrestling with God’s Promises in the Here & Now
- Considering God’s Promises of Old
- Greeting God’s Promises from Afar
- Read Colossians 3:1-4. What would it look like for you to apply Paul’s perspective here to your own relationships, passions, job, etc.
- Do non-Christians in your life consider you to be a “stranger and exile” in the world? What are some ways that your life looks different or ridiculous compared to the lives of your unbelieving friends and family members?
- Where do you feel shame in your life right now? Can you believe the author of Hebrews when he writes, “God is not ashamed” to be called your God? Do you trust in the riches of God’s mercy in your shame or do you try to earn God’s approval?