Sermon Text: 1 Samuel 8:1-22
- Exchanging Communion for Corruption
- Exchanging the Truth for a Lie
- The “Foolish” Exchange
- Do you regularly reflect on how desperately dependent you are? Read Romans 7:15-25 and 2 Corinthians 13:5 and list 2 things that you do not do that you want to do, and 2 things you do that you hate? After reflecting decide whether you’d like to cover up these things and try to forget about them, OR desperately cry out to God for help.
- When was a time when you really wanted something, and you were resolute in your desire for it, and perhaps you paid a hefty price in order to obtain it …and then you had “buyer’s remorse” (i.e. you realized it was a bad decision)?
- Have you ever MARVELED (been in AWE of) the love of Jesus for you? What preceded that experience (e.g. did you do something impressive, or did you do something reprehensible? Were you thinking that God was really lucky to have you on His team, or were you astonished by the fact that somehow you were on His team?)?