Sermon Text: Psalm 109
- What is Wickedness?
- Dive into the Tension
- The Savior’s Scorn
- How would you define “Wickedness”? At its core, what is wickedness?
- Why is the lie of autonomy worth hating and cursing?
- The author of Psalm 109 is King David. David spent a significant portion of his life as king fleeing the utterly unwarranted bloodlust of his father in law, and receiving reports of Saul’s massacres of innocent people. What do you think sustained David in these desperately bleak days of billowing darkness?
- Have you acquired a taste for the robust and varied flavors of TENSION leavened throughout the Bible? Which passages of Scripture did you start out not liking, but then God helped you to acquire a taste for them – and now you relish them?
- Is the cross offensive? Yes or no? Why or why not?