Sermon Text: 1 Samuel 4:1-22
- Right Theology, Wrong Practice (vv.1-4)
- Misplaced Confidence (vv.5-11)
- Missing God’s Presence (vv.12-22)
- In what ways have you or do you try to conjure or control/manipulate God to get what you want?
- What is your confidence level with God, particularly as it concerns your well-being? In what way are you overly self-reliant?
Have there been times in your life when you felt that God has abandoned you? Do you feel that way today? What causes us to feel this way?
When have you known, for sure, that God was with you? Where do you go, or to whom do you go, to know and feel God’s presence? What difference does it make to you, personally, that God has promised to ALWAYS be with you?