Sermon Text: 2 Samuel 4:1-12
- The Frailty of our Worldly Kingdoms
- The Futility of Self-Justification
- The Faithfulness of a Righteous King
- In what ways have you fooled yourself into thinking that you’re stronger than you are or that you’re invincible?
- How are you hiding the real you, the frail & weak you, from those around you? Wouldn’t it be better to admit & embrace your weakness and rely of Christ’s strength?
- What sins are you regularly trying to rationalize and defend? If you can’t think of anything, ask your spouse or a close Christian friend. Next… REPENT!
- Have you submitted yourself to Christ like the Canaanite woman in Matt 15:21-28 who was satisfied with “crumbs” from the King of kings? Read & think about it.