Sermon Text: John 5
- Meeting Jesus (vv.1-9)
- Why Knowing Jesus Is a Big Deal (vv.10-35)
- Reading the Bible While Jesus Reigns (vv.36-47)
- Have you actually MET the active and living (real and relevant to your everyday life) King of kings – Jesus Christ? If so, when did this happen? How did you feel about it?
- What is your relationship with Jesus like these days?
- Is your faith in Jesus a mere acknowledgement of the fact that He lived, died, and rose again – once upon a time? …Or do you actually believe that He is currently alive, deeply involved in, and reigning over your everyday existence? If it’s the latter, give details.
- How have you recently rejected God’s invitation to submit? Why did you refuse to submit?
- Where have you been surprised to discover Jesus in Scripture lately?