January 29, 2023
Rev. Tyler Dirks
- Knowing God
- Knowing About God
- Unquenchable Joy OR Terrible Distress
- When was a time you really got to know God (as opposed to merely knowing about Him)?
- Are there any people in your life who earnestly participate in the rigors of a real relationship with God, and actually rely on God to such an extent that they take risks? Who? How will you go about imitating them, and becoming like them?
- What do you most evidently worship (i.e. you’re clearly engrossed in, infatuated with, and defined by this thing)?
- When have you been terribly distressed? What was the root cause of your terrible distress? Was it your circumstances, or was it some version of spiritual cancer?
- Read Philippians 4:4-7, Hebrews 10:34, and 2 Corinthians 12:10 and have a heart-to-heart conversation with God about these passages.