Sermon Text: 2 Samuel 20:1-22
- Worthless Withdrawal (vv.1-2)
- War & Wretchedness (vv.3-15)
- A Wise Woman (vv.16-22)
- Jesus insists that you become a beggar and receive everything you’ll ever need from Him. Moreover, Jesus insists that you reject the idea that you are your own, and
instead He is your owner and master who incessantly invites you to follow Him in
submission, surrender, service, and sacrifice. Are you cool with this, or do you divorce yourself from it and defy it?
- Do you believe that the BIG war of your life is the fight to KNOW Jesus (see Jn. 17:3)? If Jesus is a surgeon, and you are wretchedly in need of being operated on, why do you constantly attempt to deny and hide your wretchedness?
- If the church is a hospital and you’re a sick sinner, then how does that inform your view of church membership? Are you a member of (i.e. a patient in) a local Christ-centered, Gospel-preaching church? Why or why not?