Sermon Text: 2 Samuel 19:1-23
- Mourning & Mercy Matter (vv.1-6)
- Making a Statement (vv.7-15)
- Immeasurable Mercy (vv.16-23)
- Jesus says, “Blessed are those who mourn” (Matt. 5:4). Do you agree? Why or why not? Read & ponder the following bits of divine/supernatural/special revelation and write down 10 things you can do to be blessed via lamentation: Isaiah 61:2-3; John 16:20; 2 Corinthians 1:7; 2 Corinthians 7:10; Revelation 21:4; James 4:9-10.
- Where (i.e. with whom) do you need to make a definitive and radical statement of love, mercy, empathy, and/or reconciliation? How are you going to proceed (e.g. Face to face conversation? Phone call? Letter? Party? Etc.)?
- Do you honestly BELIEVE that you have been shown immeasurable mercy? Do you really believe that you are IN NEED of a C R U C I F I E D Savior? Have you actually RECEIVED the grace and mercy of God offered to you in Christ alone? Have you RELISHED the unbelievable reality that you have been shown immeasurable mercy? Read, and then be still and silent (savoring), the following bits of divine/supernatural/special revelation: Phil. 2:6-11, 2 Cor. 5:21, Matt. 18:23ff, Rom. 5:6-11.