April 25th, 2021
Rev. Tyler Dirks
Sunday Worship Live Stream @ 9am & 11am
- The worship service live stream will begin approximately 5-10 minutes prior to 9am and will stay live until after the 11am.
- If you experience streaming issues, try refreshing your browser and restarting the player stream. This should fix most issues.
- If you miss the live stream, it will eventually be loaded onto the main youtube channel: Past Recordings
- Craving Slavery
- Crucifying Slavery
- C.S. Lewis said, “It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.” How are you currently craving and choosing the slavery of familiarity and felt-safety, and rejecting God’s adventurous offer to live by faith in Him?
- Read all of Paul’s letters and underline everything you disagree with. Then decide if the apostle Paul has become your enemy by telling you the truth (Galatians 4:16).
- How are you currently (specifically) being entreated by God to get weak (see Gal. 4:12; 2:20; & 2 Cor. 12:9)?
- How are you currently ‘shopping’ for people who will simply tell you what you want to hear (i.e. people who will make much of you, so that you will make much of them)?
- How have you been blessed by true siblings in Christ who faithfully wound you with the sword (or scalpel) of God’s blessedly offensive Word?