Sermon Text: Revelation 14:14-20
- The Great Harvest (vv.14-16)
- The Weeds (vv.17-20)
- Running Toward Danger
- Do you seriously believe that Jesus is presently – absolutely – authoritative and powerful over all things, and that He is actually coming back? …What hinders you from seriously believing this?
- Do you greatly anticipate and wait with eager expectation the day of God’s Great Harvest? Why (specifically) or why not?
- Do you honestly think that Jesus is capable of treading the winepress of God’s wrath? …And with such zeal that blood will flow from the winepress as high as a horse’s bridle for 184 miles? Why does this picture of Jesus disturb you?
- Why does sin make God so angry? Why doesn’t sin make us more angry?
- Write a letter to someone (it could even be a letter to yourself) putting words to the intense reality of God’s anger aimed at Jesus on the cross. Consider how Hebrews 13:12-13 commands you to experientially process Christ’s accomplishment for you
on the cross.