Sermon Text: Revelation 11:11-21
- The Son of God: Soldier, Poet, King (vv.11-16)
- Rebellion (vv.12-21)
- Kiss the Son
- Read Isaiah 63, Revelation 14 & 19. How do you feel about the identity and activity of Jesus in these passages? Do these passages cause you to feel discomfort or delight? Why?
- John Stott says, “We must allow the Word of God to confront us, to disturb our security, to undermine our complacency and to overthrow our patterns of thought and behavior.” Do you HONESTLY agree with this? Or would you rather edit & adapt the Bible to make it more palatable?
- Do you rebel against God like the older brother in the story told in Luke 15? How so?
- How have you – specifically – kissed the Son of God and taken refuge in Him lately? Do you hesitate to kiss the King of kings and take refuge in Him? Why or why not?