Sermon Text: Revelation 2:12-17
- Who Is the Church?
- What Does Jesus Have Against Them?
- How Do They Encounter Christ?
- How Must They Respond?
- The Church in Pergamum was tolerant of sin when they should have cut it out. What are the sins we tolerate in our lives? How does our unrepentant sin hinder us in our jobs, our relationships with others, and our relationship with God?
- What is a righteous jealously? Can we be jealous without sinning? How can we model the jealousy of Christ for his people described in this passage?
- Read Isaiah 62:1-5 and take note of the beautiful imagery God uses to describe his love for his people. God, the creator of the universe, gives his people a new name and rejoices over them! Do you relate to God as one who rejoices over you in love or as one who is only worried about obeying his rules?