Sermon Text: Revelation 2:8-11
- The Sovereign Suffering Servant (v.8)
- Suffering on All Sides (v.9)
- Savoring Unseen Riches (vv.10-11)
- Does this sound absurd to you – – – > “Count it all joy when you meet trials of various kinds” (James 1:2)? How about these: Acts 5:41 and Matthew 5:1-12 and 2 Corinthians 4:7-12; 6:1-13; 11:23-29; and Hebrews 10:34?
- What are you most preoccupied with nowadays? Amidst all of your “First World Problems” have you inadvertently deemed the Gospel “irrelevant”? Does the fact that the one who conquers will not be hurt by the second death do anything for you these days?
- 2 Corinthians 8:9 says, “For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you by His poverty might become rich.” Does the fact that God became intimately acquainted with poverty so that you could become rich do anything for you? …do you feel ho-hum about this, or are you in awe of it?