November 21st, 2021
Esther 7:7 – 8:2
Rev. Tyler Dirks
- Sunday Live Stream’s will be offline for at least the next 6 weeks, and until renovation to the sanctuary is complete. An audio recording of the sermon will be uploaded to this page (or if you follow the RSS/Podcast feed) either by Sunday or Monday evening.
1. Bowing & Begging
2. Cursed & Condemned
3. Place & Position
1. We see the lust for preeminence in the character of Human. In what way(s) do you experience this lust inside yourself?
2. What particular stories have provoked you to see that the lust for preeminence lives inside of everyone (even ‘really nice’ people)?
3. Read Mark 10:17-22, and then answer the following questions, “Why does Jesus pause to clarify ‘true goodness’?”, and “Why does Jesus insist that this man do something that he will most certainly fail at?”
4. What was a time you couldn’t earn your spot, and you were faced with the decision to simply receive your status? Were you scared? Did it bother you? Why is desperate dependence so bothersome us, and so non-negotiable to God?