May 8th, 2022
“What’s Really Happening?”
2 Thessalonians 1:5-12
- Prayer & Providence
- In 2 Corinthians 12 Paul talks about being harassed by a messenger of Satan, and pleading with the Lord to make it stop. How have you personally grappled with this dilemma between God’s infinite ability to deliver His people from suffering, and the fact that persecution exists?
- Set a timer for 15 minutes and thoroughly adopt the words of Psalm 13 as your personal prayer. On a scale of 1 to 10, how uncomfortable are you speaking this way to God?
- Set a timer for 8 minutes and thoroughly immerse yourself in 1 Peter 1:6-8. Journal your thoughts and feelings until the timer chimes. Consider in detail how God cultivates true faith and perseverance via various trials.
- How do you feel about finding $20 on the ground? How do you feel about your team winning? How do you feel about supping on your favorite food? How do you feel about your children obeying? …How do you feel about the fact that Jesus is always making intercession for you (Heb.7:25)? How do you feel about God the Spirit interceding for you with groanings too deep for words (Rom.8:26)?
- How do you feel about the fact that nothing can separate you from the love of Christ? How do you feel about the fact that even in tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, danger, and/or sword …in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us?