Sermon Text: 2 Samuel 1:17-27
- Love for the Glorious Name of God (vv.20-21)
- Love of Justice (vv.22-24)
- Love of Sacrificial Love (vv.25-27)
- What is something that God is truly calling you to lament? Take 30 minutes or more to thoughtfully process your grief and agony, and write a lament about that thing.
- List 5 obstacles in your life that are preventing you from being obsessed with God’s glory, and utterly in awe of the unbelievably staggering reality that He has declared you (of all people) as His own!
- What is your reaction to injustice: (a) apathy (b) human anger (c) anxiety? Take 30 minutes or more to write a lament about your sinful reaction to injustice.
- Write down 10 particular thoughts that David might have harbored about the staggering, extraordinary, sacrificial love that he had been shown by Jonathan.