Sermon Text: Hebrews 12:18-29
- Encountering God
- At Mount Sinai (vv.18-21)
- At Mount Zion (vv.22-24)
- Responding to God (vv.25-29)
- When was the last time you felt in awe of God? What was it that you discovered about him that was so captivating?
- What is the “sacred ground” on your own personal mountain, the things about which you are super protective and ritualistic?
- We generally make one of two errors in approaching God. One is to think that we can freely stand in the presence of a holy God without a mediator. The other is to feel that we are unworthy to be in God’s presence, despite the fact that Jesus has reconciled us to God in making us his own. Which error is more likely yours?
- In which city are you primarily investing — the City of God or the City of Man?