Sermon Text: Hebrews 12:1-17
- Fixation on Him Who Loves Us! (vv.1-4)
- Feeling the Love (vv.5-17)
- What are you most preoccupied with these days? How does that preoccupation fuel your perseverance? Read Romans 8:35-39 and Hebrews 12:1-2 …what’s the
preoccupation, and how does that translate into perseverance?
- Is the resurrection of Christ, and His work of pioneering and perfecting your faith, a big deal to you? How so (specifically)? Is the resurrecting, pioneering, and perfecting work of Jesus relevant to you the way it was to Paul (see Philippians 3:9-10)?
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer said, “When Christ calls a man, He bids him come and die.” Do you adamantly agree with this or not? How do selfish people like us actually obey this command?
- Have you ever had someone force you to do something(s) good and/or healthy that you would never have pursued or accomplished on your own?