Sermon Text: 2 Samuel 16:1-23
- Ambulance Chasers (vv.1-4)
- Angry Mob (vv.5-14)
- Aggravated Assault (vv.20-23)
- A Friend Amidst the Enmity (vv.15-19)
- What are 3 ways you act like Ziba (i.e. you manipulate, angle, and attempt to engineer things in such a way so that you come out looking like “The Good Guy,” and/or bend the benefits toward yourself)? Read Luke 14:12-14 and talk to Jesus about it.
- When was a time you nursed a personal vendetta and sought revenge as if it were your responsibility to exact vengeance? …simply put, when was a time you made someone pay! ?
What do you choose to believe about God’s response to your curses & adultery against Him? (i.e. can God REALLY forgive you for crucifying Him and making Him a cuckold?)
Tell a family member or a friend about a time when you truly had faith, and hope, that your friend Jesus was alive and at work conquering evil and compelling you to
continue your pilgrimage through this barren land on your way toward the celestial city.