Sermon Text: 2 Samuel 15:13-37
- Faithful Following (vv.13-29)
- Lamentation (v.30)
- Petition & Shrewd Diligence (vv.31-37)
- Being a consumer is easy and commonplace, and it leads to destruction; and those who walk the path of consumerism are many. But discipleship is costly, and though it leads to life everlasting, few are those who undertake it. How does this statement make you feel?
- When was a time that God bid you to follow Him into the wilderness? Did that experience ultimately have a healthy or unhealthy effect on you?
- Are you afraid to let yourself feel (be it excitement or sadness)? Why or why not? What is lamentation? When was the last time you lamented?
- What is an example of how you delight to desperately depend upon God? When was a time you took a risk, and operated with shrewd diligence, because you were confidently resting in Christ?