Sermon Text: Psalm 50
- Majesty’s Mandate
- Majesty’s Indictment
- Majesty’s Mercy
- Where do you see instant and eager obedience in your life? (e.g. checking your phone whenever it pings, etc.).
- Speaking of things like phone addiction …What do you label “an acceptable sin”?
- Why do you get so bent out of shape about the evil in others as opposed to the evil in you? (Ponder Romans 2:22-23 for 10 minutes and if you don’t feel the profound weight of wickedness in yourself, then repeat this 10 minute pondering exercise until you finally feel a sense of personal desperate neediness for God’s mercy in your life).
- Take 20 min. to contemplate Psalm 50:8-13. What root evil is God confronting in us?
- Joseph Hart said, “All the fitness God requires, is to feel your need of Him. This He gives you, this He gives you, ‘Tis the Spirit’s rising beam.” How does this insight help you understand what God says to you in Psalm 50:14-23?