September 19th, 2021
“What Did You Expect?”
Rev. Tyler Dirks
Sunday Worship Live Stream @ 9:30am
- The worship service live stream will begin approximately 5-10 minutes prior to 9:30am.
- If you experience streaming issues, try refreshing your browser and restarting the player stream. This should fix most issues.
- If you miss the live stream, it will eventually be loaded onto the main youtube channel: Past Recordings
1. What God Says
2. How God Saves
1. Being “woke” and “extremely sensitive to people’s feelings” is a big topic these days. To be sure, human beings are sinfully insensitive and willfully ignorant, but God is not. What specific portions of Scripture offend you and make you feel unsafe? Why is it necessary and good for you to grapple with God’s decision to disturb you with things He says in the Bible?
2. What do you get really fired-up about? Do you ever feel really fired-up about stuff you encounter in Scripture?
3. How do you feel about the messy and morally ambiguous stuff in the Bible? How do you feel about God’s silence in the face of really severe scenarios (e.g. Hadassah been sex trafficked)?
4. How do you feel about the fact that Jesus of Nazareth doesn’t match your picture of what it means to be “above reproach”?
5. When was a time you had really low expectations, and then you were blown away!? …We’re not talk’n ‘pleasantly surprised,’ we’re talk’n BLOWN AWAY!